Group Support Committee meetings are usually held monthly and details of our next meeting can be found in the event calendar; all parents and other community minded friends are welcome to attend. Our Committee provides back-up to the uniformed leaders to ensure the Group is compliant with regulations, the Group facilities are up to standard and there is enough financing to support the activities of the Group.
The Committee has a number of office bearers who are elected each year and include the Group Chairperson, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Hall Custodian, Fund Raising Co-ordinator, Equipment Officer, Job week co-ordinator and Public Relations.
Once per year, usually in March or April, an ARP (AGM with another name) is held to review the activities of the Group for the year, approve the audited financial statements and elect the office bearers for the new year. Representatives from Regional Headquarters also attend. This gives parents the chance to also get themselves updated on our activities of the Group.
Grafton Scout Group Support Committee for 2016
|Hall Co-Ordinator||Stephen Day|
|Group Leader||Stephen Day|
|Trainee Group Leader|
|Web site||Grafton Scout Group|
Getting Involved Today
It’s great to find activities where the whole family can get involved. Scouting involves boys and girls – and their siblings and parents too.
There are a number of ways in which parents of youth members can get involved:
- Be a parent helper, volunteering for duties such as Scout hall set up or clean up.
- Raise funds for the Scout Group, through fundraising events and activities or grant seeking.
- Become an active member of the Group Committee, which assists the Group Leader and Group Council and promotes the aims and principles of Scouting in conjunction with the Group.
- Serve as an office bearer on the Group Committee (President / Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Group Leader).
- Serve on a sub-committee to undertake duties defined by the Group Leader or Group Committee.